I've found from my work that both specific and general goals are helpful, so let's start with the general goals:
1. If you've been reading this year, you know that we have had a lot of upheaval for the last year and a half, and we have finally settled into a home with a great sewing room. I've been unpacking 20 years of quilty stuff and fabric that just got thrown into a box when we moved. My goal is to get the sewing room settled and to continue cleaning out and eliminating a lot of sewing clutter. Less is more for me.
2. Expand my use of color, both through studying color theory and playing with different color combinations in fabrics. I'm really happy with the Autumn Jewels quilt from this year, which was a bit of a leap of faith for me, using a curry color for the background. I want to take more chances like this with color.
|A very helpful book!|
4. Better publicize the blog, especially my upcoming block of the month, Constellations. I'm really torn about this one. I would like to reach more people, but this really is a hobby for me. I work full time and the things required to really expand a blog take a lot of time that I don't really have. Anyone with suggestions, I'm happy to hear them!
Those are pretty big general goals--especially the cleaning up the sewing room one!--so let's look at some specific goals:
1. Constellations, the new BOM I have planned for 2017. Details coming this Saturday! But if you're interested, the tabs at the top of the page still have all the tutorials and instructions for the last two BOMs, Classic Stitches and Intricate Stitches.
2. Finish the quilts I started in 2016, beginning with the Intricate Stitches quilt. (Which is almost done.)
3. Make a temperature quilt for 2017! I like the idea from this post from Live a Colorful Life, found HERE.
4. Make an "About me" page for the blog. Really hard for me!
5. Make a Dresden Plate quilt, probably for RSC17. Or maybe as a medallion for a medallion quilt. Or place mats! ( Maybe I should change this one to "decide what Dresden Plate quilt to make.")
6. Find more ways to use my stash of fat quarters, including the lovely "curated" packs I have. I have way too many!
So those are my goals! What are yours? Suggestions, corrections, and advice all welcome!
Hope you are enjoying the end of the year with family and friends. Here's to a great 2017 for all of us!
Sharing at Let's Bee Social and the 2017 Planning Party.