Here's pretty much all the stitching I got finished:
These are some of the sections for the June quilt quilt along at crazymomquilts. I got about half the sections finished and cut up a bunch more fabric into strings so that I can finish the rest of them. I'm hoping to get all 48 sections done by the next step.
I think these are going to look good with the polka dot background fabric:
I'm thinking of using the lavender squares as cornerstones, but I also thought about an apple green. Any opinions?
I initially started with just the pink and green and a few yellows, but I had to add in some florals with a white background to temper a little bit of the sweetness of the quilt. Plus it uses up those florals, which I am happy to get rid of.
Strings make a mess, but they turn out great. My one tip for making these sections is to put wide strings at the top and the bottom because that will give some "wiggle room" to trim up the section to the correct length. It worked well for me and too some of the pressure off getting the sections exactly right.
The only other fabric-related thing I did this week was to make some fabric stacks for the 30 days of fabric stacks challenge from Stitched in Color, being run on Instagram. Here's my latest, for the color orange:
Carrot and mango smoothies, the breakfast of champions! The next prompt is "new fabric," though, so I may have to go shopping. Come on over to Instagram and play along, or just look at all the great pictures.
So that was it, if you don't count the research notes! I hope you got in a bit more stitching than I did, and I hope you have a great weekend!
And for those of you keeping track, I now have 7 tomatoes growing. I am ecstatic!
Sharing at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Finished or Not Friday, and Oh Scrap!