Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Quilt festival

Hi everyone!  Today I am showcasing one of my favorite quilts ever as my entry for Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side.  Some of you may remember it, but for those of you who are new here--welcome, and I hope you enjoy the quilt!

Here is my entry:


This is the quilt that I made for my daughter and her husband to celebrate their wedding.  I know I should call this the Wedding Quilt, but I think of it as the Happiness Quilt.


This quilt was made from the Eureka pattern by Jackie Robinson at Animas Quilts.  The pattern is terrific and the construction is easy, but this quilt took me forever.  Literally hundreds of hours in this, but it was worth every minute.


The Happiness Quilt was quilted by Alycia, who did a fantastic job.  The batting is a cotton and wool blend that is very light because the top itself was so heavy because of all the seams.  I made the full/queen size, which turns out to be very generously sized.  I think it would probably even fit a king nicely.  The fabrics are all Hoffman batiks from the 1895 lines, which are essentially batik solids.  I think they give a nice texture to the quilt without overpowering the lovely pattern.


My daughter and her husband loved the quilt, and put it on their bed immediately.  I've seen it there and it looks terrific, if I do say so myself.  The room is pretty much decorated around the colors in the quilt, which they chose. I hope they love it for many years to come and that it reflects just a bit of their happiness.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you've enjoyed seeing this quilt again as much as I have.  It truly is one of my favorites ever.  Settle in with a nice beverage and hop on over to the festival to see even more beauties from all over the web.


Sharing at Blogger's Quilt Festival at Amy's Creative Side.

20 comments:

Alison V. said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

claudia said...

The pattern for this quit is very pretty, but I just love the colors you used! It is beautiful!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

What a beautiful quilt, Mari! I really like the colors, and I'm so glad your daughter and her husband loved it, too!

Pamela said...

So beautiful! The colors are perfect!

Cheryl said...

This is a great quilt, I love the quilting.

PaintedThread said...

Wow. That quilt is magnificent. I love the colors. And I can imagine it took forever to do. All that piecing and quilting! Awesome!

Karen S said...

This is a stunning quilt. Love the colours. It is such a beautiful gift!

Vicki in MN said...

I have always loved this pattern, but you took it to a modern level with those colors-just stunning!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love this quilt, and this round of photos make it SO stunning!!!

Лёка said...

Очень, очень красиво!

Leanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Mari!! Great job!

audrey said...

Such a sparky quilt! Love how vibrant it is.:)

Danice G said...

So pretty. What an amazing quilt.

SarahZ said...

I can clearly see why this is a favorite!!! The colors fairly sparkle in that gorgeous design, and the name is perfect, especially for a wedding quilt! Happy "BQF"! :)

Barb said...

truly lovely quilt, very striking!

Quilting Babcia said...

What a lovely wedding quilt for your daughter. It is truly beautiful and a wonderful heirloom for the happy couple.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Beautifully done, Mari!!

Yanicka said...

Those colors really resonate for me!!!!! Beautiful

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Beautiful quilt!! The color combo is very good. I hope your daughter keeps it forever.

Kate said...

This one is a beauty! Love the color palette, very restful.