So, this week I put together the weird Birds in the Air quilt I found in pieces in the closet. Here's how it turned out:
It's amazing how fast you can sew when all the pieces are cut and blocks made already. I spent a total of about 2 minutes cutting for this quilt, and used up almost all the fabric that was with it with just a few scraps left, plus one HST and one Birds block.
Plus, can I get a pat on the back for just making do with the fabric that was there, even though there wasn't enough for a full border? The strips were already cut and what you see is literally all there was. I'm not even obsessing over it. Much. I am so proud of myself.
Still no idea what this was supposed to be originally, or where it came from. There was backing fabric in there too, so it's ready to quilt up. A good place to try out some more of those stitches on the Pfaff!
I also made a couple of sawtooth star blocks to use with my crumb blocks. I think they turned out okay.
I still have mixed feelings about crumb blocks. These make nice star centers, though.
I also made up some yellow string blocks for a spot of sunshine:
Man, yellow is a happy color! There are plenty more strings, so there will be some more of these blocks later. And here is one more spot of sunshine for everyone:
|Melting happening in the background!|
Daffodils! These are from the grocery store, not the garden, but they'll do for now!
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Tomorrow (3/14) is Pi Day! Hug a scientist! Or a mathematician, your choice. And be sure to eat some pie to celebrate--3.14 pieces should do it.
Linking to Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict, Link a Finish Friday. and Angela at soscrappy.