Sunday, September 11, 2016

It's a Halloween party!

Hi everyone!  I'm coming to you today from somewhere in the middle of cardboardland, from deep within my well of boxes.  Who knew we had this much stuff?  Where did it all come from?  Who knows?

So, it's 96 degrees right now (totally not kidding!), but sooner or later fall will get here, with all of the crunchy leaves, cooler temperatures, and fun holidays.  One great thing about this fall will be this-- my friend Bernie at Needle and Foot is having a Handmade Halloween party at her blog next month!  Her first post about it is HERE.


Isn't Halloween one of everyone's favorite holidays?  When our kids were small, I used to make them costumes for Halloween.  Our older daughter was always a challenge because she had such outlandish, amazing, creative costume ideas.  One year she was a self-portrait, another she was a traffic light, and another one she was an much more authentic, non-Disney Pocahontas.  Our other kids were also really creative.  I know I have pictures from those times, so I'm planning to find those photos and create a post about them.  Maybe it will give your kids some good ideas!

I've also made a few quilty Halloween things, though I have to say that I usually have other projects going on during that time.  I'm looking forward to getting this one out of storage:

Boo!

I've been wanting to make an orange quilt, definitely with some white but maybe also with some navy (or another blue?), so I'm hoping to get some good quilty inspiration.  Regardless, it will be fun to see all that Halloween stuff in one place.  So looking forward to it!


I forgot to say one of the really important parts--I understand there are some really cool prizes from the sponsors!  I'll let Bernie be the one to spill the beans, but they are terrific! So, get your Halloween stuff together and come on along and join the party!  I promise it will be fun.  And I might even have some things unpacked by then.  Either way, I'll see you at the party!  You know all the cool kids will be there, so come on along!

Sharing at Linky Tuesday.

2 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Hey Mari! thought I would drop by this morning and check out your Spooky stuff! That quilt is adorable! We love Halloween, I need to find out who has my Halloween quilts. Unless Stelly had confiscated them, I may have some sort of decor this year in Ugly Camper City! LOL

glen in Louisiana

Bernie Kringel said...

All the cool kids! Mari, you are the coolest of the bunch. Thanks for getting the word out- I look forward to seeing your posts. 😊🎃