Friday, April 26, 2024

Some yellow, some purple

 Hello all! How have you been? I don't know how it is where you are, but wow the pollen has been amazingly bad this year. Everyone I know has itchy, watery eyes. And the cars turn green. And the sneezing, and. . . yeah, you get it. It is zero fun on top of everything else.

I have made a little tiny bit of progress on my RSC projects. Hurray! It's been hard but rewarding to work on the stitchy stuff, even if it's a little bit at a time. I'm pretty sure I'll end up with a couple of nice quilts at the end, no matter how slow it is.  Since it's the yellow month for the RSC, first up are my yellow blocks:

                     

Oh, very cheerful! And will you look at those happy trees in the background? Even if they're shedding a bunch of pollen, it's like seeing old friends.

If you recall, I'm making Preeti's Granny Long Legs one color at a time. It's a really easy pattern, and would be even easier if I strip pieced it and made it like she wrote the pattern. Oh, well! Here are the purple blocks:


Purple and green always look so good together, don't you think? The whole quilt would look great in purple with a green background. An idea for later!

And of course, the blocks so far all together:


Yep, it's going to be a cute quilt! I skipped the red, but only because I didn't have the energy to sort through the red bin. I'll do those next and then whatever color comes after. I think it will really come alive with a few more colors. 

That's it for me for now. We are heading into final exams and my energy level is at an all-time low, except for maybe when I had newborns. I know I haven't answered the lovely comments you all have left, and I feel bad about that, but I just have no bandwidth right now. Please forgive me, and know that I appreciate every one. 

Have a wonderful weekend everyone, and try to stay away from that pollen!

Sharing at soscrappy for RSC24.

13 comments:

piecefulwendy said...

Those are really happy blocks! Hope the energy level picks up for you soon - you have busy days going on!

Vicki in MN said...

That will make a gorgeous quilt! No worries on sending me a reply.

Sara said...

Those blocks are going to make a really pretty quilt. Hopefully you'll get some relief from the pollen soon, and I'm sending good thoughts on surviving the end of another semester. Pollen and finals are a terrible combination.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh my Pollen--I am so sick this week with pollen sinus--have problems taking over the counter products--finally have ordered some homeopathic help from one of my vitamin companies--but they won't be here til probably mid week--now to keep breathing somehow between now and then????? OH and I live on the East coat of Florida--so it is bad even here--Plus the apartment building one building down from me-is sanding the outside of their building and repainting--so I have a 'double' case!!!! Love all your blocks--hugs, di

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Go happy yellow!!! I love the blocks you're doing, Mari!!!

Betty C said...

That is looking really good.

scraphappy said...

Hopefully summer will let you recharge your batteries. The end of a term is always such a mad rush. The rectangular blocks are going to make such a pretty quilt.

Kate said...

That's going to be a very fun and colorful quilt. Hope finials season comes and goes quickly. Good luck with all the end of the semester grading.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are such pretty blocks, Mari! I think Granny Long Legs will be great as a rainbow quilt. Sending good thoughts for the end of the school year - you're almost there!

Cathy said...

Oh my gosh, I love those blocks so much!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hang in there, Mari... Summer is coming!! You blocks are looking lovely. Have fun picking out PINK scraps for the month of May!

Astrid said...

Those blocks are beautiful and will look great in RSC. So sorry about your pollen allergy. Soon it's over (for this year!).

Nann said...

Your RSC blocks always work out so well! Granny LL is a great way to use a variety of prints in one color. No pollen yet in Illinois, but it's coming.