Sunday, April 3, 2022

Hands2Help Guest blogger Wendy!

 Hello everyone, and welcome back to the Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge! 
 
 
Thanks so much to everyone who linked up with their easy patterns and block tutorials last week! There were a lot of fun new ideas to try, and I appreciate everyone sharing them. If you haven't checked them out, you can find the linkup right HERE. You can also find all of the past posts conveniently linked at the tab at the top of the page or HERE.
 
Today we are lucky enough to have Wendy from Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life as our first guest blogger. Here is Wendy's project:



Doesn't that look pretty cool? You can find her post right HERE. Go on over and check out the project, and be sure to leave Wendy a nice note, too. Thanks so much, Wendy!

After you've checked out Wendy's project, come back here because we've had some questions, including some from no-reply bloggers, and I'll answer them below. 
 

You've got questions, I've got answers


I just found out about this. Can I still sign up?  Yes, absolutely! Just fill in the sign-up form at the sign-up post, HERE, and get started stitching.

I'm pretty new at quilting. Can I still participate?  Yes you can! All skill levels are welcome. Make something simple or something really intricate, it's up to you.
 
I don't want to sign up. Can you please just post the charity addresses? No, sorry. The addresses are being sent to participants. At least two of our charities have quilts sent to private homes, and I'm not posting their addresses openly. Sign up, or ask a friend to do it for you.

Is there a way to get my tops quilted if I can't do it myself? No, I'm sorry, I can't coordinate that. You could ask around at a quilt guild or a shop, or you can go ahead and give the quilting a go yourself. There are a lot of tutorials online, and the quilting doesn't need to be anything fancy. Straight-line walking foot quilting works just fine!

I'm not in the US. Can I participate? Yes, you can! Find a deserving charity to donate to close to home, and be sure that you follow their donation rules. When it's time to count the quilts, be sure to list your quilt and the charity where you donated. That's all there is to it! There are already 21 non-US participants, so come on along and join us!

Is there a way to link up my pictures if I don't have a blog or Instagram? Sorry, but I don't know of any other way. I'm not that techy about these things, but I really don't know another way. You can, however, send your pictures to me and I'll include them in the quilt parade on May 15 and 22. 

Do I have to follow you to be eligible for the prizes? No, you don't! But I do hope you'll stick around and check out my projects after the Challenge is over.

Am I guaranteed a prize if I make a quilt? No, sorry. I'm thankful for all of you, but I can't guarantee everyone a prize. All I can promise is that the drawing will be fair and random.

Can I send you some cash to cover expenses? No, but thank you for offering! I'm working on a way to raise some money to cover my expenses and you all will be the first to know about it. Stay tuned!

So many questions! I hope that answered some of the ones that you've had. If you have a question that I haven't answered yet, go ahead and ask and I'll answer if I can. If you're a no-reply commenter, please leave your email address. I have no way to answer you if you don't!

Thanks everyone, and happy stitching! See you next week for another fun project with a guest blogger!

6 comments:

Danice G said...

What a great block. I love Wendy's work so much.

piecefulwendy said...

Thanks, Mari, for the highlight. I enjoyed making this quilt for H2H and writing up a quick post!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Ohhh I like it!!!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Mari! Thanks for coordinating all of these guest bloggers and H2H this year. We all appreciate all the hard work and effort you are doing to keep this well-loved event going. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

The Joyful Quilter said...

I've got different answers for a couple of the questions, Mari. Contact me to discuss.

Preeti said...

Of course you won't accept money. But can you say no to coconut curry chicken? Happy to cook for you, dear friend. You are a rockstar!!!